Coronavirus live: Israel to ban flights in and out of country; US bars travellers from UK and most of Europe
- Vaccine experts call for clarity on UK’s 12-week Covid jab interval
- ‘A complete massacre, a horror film’: inside Brazil’s Covid disaster
- New Zealand records first Covid community case in two months
- Rachel Clarke: ‘NHS staff are burning with frustration and grief’
- See all our coronavirus coverage
France imposed new border restrictions on Sunday as part of its bid to contain the spread of Covid-19.
Starting Sunday, arrivals to France from European Union countries by air or sea must be able to produce a negative PCR test result obtained in the previous 72 hours. The requirement had already applied to non-EU arrivals since mid-January.
EU travellers entering France by land, including cross-border workers, will not need a negative test.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Sunday reported 24,876,261 cases of the new coronavirus, an increase of 171,844 from its previous count, and said the number of deaths had risen by 3,414 to 416,010.
The CDC figures are not always in line with cases reported by individual states.