Coronavirus live news: Moderna says vaccine works on UK and South African variants; Spain sees record rise in cases
- EU threatens to block vaccine exports amid AstraZeneca shortfall
- Dutch leaders condemn ‘criminal’ clashes at lockdown protests
- Belgium in conflict with EU travel advice after reversing infection rates
- France bans certain homemade Covid masks for use in public
- Health secretary fires warning at MPs calling for England lockdown easing
AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine may not be very effective for people over 65, German coalition sources told tabloid Bild and Handelsblatt.
German officials fear that the AstraZeneca vaccine may not be approved by European Union authorities for use in those over 65, the German tabloid reported.