Coronavirus live news: Norway to close borders for all but essential visitors; vaccine shortage in Madrid
- Britain and EU clash over claims to UK-produced Covid vaccine
- Canada: backlash after millionaire got jab meant for Indigenous people
- Germany expected to tighten borders to control spread of variants
- China to use anal swabs to test for Covid in high infection areas
- UK coronavirus updates – live
As the two biggest sporting events of last year were moved to summer of 2021, International Olympic Committee president, Thomas Bach, has conceded for the first time that fans may have to miss out on the Tokyo games for safety reasons my colleague, Sean Ingle reports.
While the president is confident that the games will take place, whether or not fans will be able to cheer on their favourite athletes, is yet to be decided.