- Top health expert says US is sliding backwards on handling of pandemic
- Amy McGrath wins over Charles Booker in Kentucky primary
- Reports: ‘Russian bounties’ intelligence was in Trump daily briefing
- EU bans travelers from US
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt has added his voice to a chorus of elected Republicans now calling on people to wear masks in public.
❗️❗️Stitt for the first time is asking Oklahoman’s to wear a mask when in an area where you can’t social distance. He says wearing a mask significantly lowers the transmission rate of #COVID19.
California recorded more than 8,000 coronavirus infections on Monday, smashing the state’s daily record for the third time in eight days. Yesterday saw the state record more than 6,000 cases attributed to the virus.
And California is bracing for more bad news. Across the Golden State, cases have steadily risen alongside admissions to hospitals and ICUs.
the most stunning takeaway from LA’s recent press briefings: officials estimated last week that 1 in 400 people in LA County were infectious with covid and not isolated. this week, that estimate has increased to 1 in 140 people. next week, it could be 1 in 70