Trump and his company under investigation by New York district attorney, filing suggests – live
- Filing suggests Vance is investigating possible fraud
- Trump calls Birx’s dire warning on coronavirus in the US ‘pathetic’
- Join us for an online event with Eric Holder to discuss voter suppression in the 2020 election, Thursday at 5pm ET. Register now
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Before I hand the blog over to my colleague Lois for Trump’s press conference, here’s a quick summary of what’s happened so far today:
The Guardian’s Mario Koran sends this dispatch on how Southern California’s Imperial County, bordered by Arizona to the east and Mexico to the south, “became an early poster child for the disproportionate toll coronavirus has taken on communities of color.”
In the rural, arid county, coronavirus has exacerbated long standing inequities and made the virus all the more difficult to combat. California governor Newsom said today that more than 650 patients have had to be airlifted to neighboring counties with more capacity to treat patients, some transported as far as the Bay area, 600 miles north.
Today’s #COVID19 update:
– 148,721 tests reported
– Positive cases: 5,739
– 7 day average caseload: 7,764
– Average positivity rate dropped slightly to 7.0%
Sadly, 32 fatalities were reported.
We’re seeing modest declines overall–but we’re not out of the woods. WEAR YOUR MASK.