Trump impeachment: attention turns to Senate after House votes to impeach – live
- Impeachment in the House triggers trial in the Senate
- National Mall to close for inauguration due to security concerns
- Fourth House member tests positive for Covid after riot
- Trump’s fate in Senate trial will tell future of Republicans
- Trump ‘refusing to pay’ Giuliani’s legal fees after falling out
- Kamala Harris: how will the next vice-president wield her power? Join the Guardian for a live conversation on 18 January
The man who was photographed carrying a Confederate flag in the Capitol during last week’s riot has been arrested, according to multiple reports.
The AP reports:
Prosecutors say a Delaware man photographed carrying a Confederate battle flag during a deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol has been arrested after authorities used the image to help identify him.
Federal prosecutors say Kevin Seefried, who was seen carrying the flag, was arrested in Delaware along with his son Hunter Seefried. Prosecutors say both entered the Senate building through a broken window.
Donald Trump is taking departure photos with White House staffers today, according to the Washington Post.
Trump is taking departure photos with various teams on the White House staff today, per admin official.
‘White House advisor Peter Navarro leaves the West Wing of the White House with a photograph of U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, in Washington, U.S., January 13, 2021.’