US Senate hears testimony on Capitol riot: 'These criminals came prepared for war' – live
- Senate hears witness testimony from law enforcement officers
- Joe and Jill Biden to travel to Texas on Friday
- DC police chief was ‘surprised’ by reluctance to deploy National Guard
- AOC criticizes Manchin over targeting of Biden’s nominees of color
- US coronavirus death toll passes 500,000
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
The Guardian’s Kari Paul reports:
Google will again be accepting political ads on its platforms, the company announced on Tuesday, after a brief ban it began in January.
Senator Amy Klobuchar, the Democratic chairwoman of the House rules committee, condemned disinformation about the Capitol insurrection after one of her Republican colleagues questioned who carried out the January 6 attack.
Klobuchar said in a tweet, “As our hearing concludes, I want to make one thing clear: ‘provocateurs; did not storm the Capitol. They were not ‘fake Trump protestors.’ The mood on January 6th was not ‘festive.’ That is disinformation.”
As our hearing concludes, I want to make one thing clear: “provocateurs” did not storm the Capitol. They were not “fake Trump protestors.” The mood on January 6th was not “festive.” That is disinformation.
Complete statement from @SenRonJohnson at hearing on January 6th U.S. Capitol Attack.