Coronavirus live: Boris Johnson urges caution over foreign holidays; Tanzania announces measures to curb variants
- Vaccine shortages blight India’s efforts to contain Covid crisis
- Covid vaccine rollout rapidly gathering pace across Europe
- EU plans to reopen to fully Covid-vaccinated foreign tourists from June
- ‘Calamity of maternal deaths’: Covid concern grows for Brazil’s pregnant
- Australians could die in India under travel ban, medical chief warns
Colombia is bracing for further unrest after a weekend in which largely peaceful nationwide demonstrations were met with a violent police reaction which left at least 16 demonstrators and one police officer dead and hundreds injured.
Videos shared on social media over the weekend showed police firing at protesters sometimes from close range, ramming crowds with motorcycles, and bashing demonstrators with their shields.