Coronavirus live news: Africa ‘left behind by rest of the world’ on vaccines, says WHO; Putin self-isolating
- Cases double in new south-east China Covid outbreak linked to school
- Covid boosters can be offered to all UK over-50s, watchdog confirms
- Vaccine hesitant people are dying and loved ones want world to listen
- Victoria’s surging Covid cases put pressure on contact tracing
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Zimbabwe’s parliament on Tuesday banned anyone not vaccinated against Covid-19 from attending church services, the latest in a series of measures to boost uptake of the jab, AFP reports.
The country had already made the vaccine mandatory for civil servants and teachers earlier this month.
The Biden administration is advocating for state and local leaders to enact Covid-19 vaccine mandates, White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Tuesday.
“We’re encouraging everyone … from the private and public sector to take actions to require vaccination,” she said, when asked if the White House was encouraging states to enact their own vaccine mandates.