Coronavirus live news: Italy reports steep rise in daily deaths; Israel abandons Hanukkah curfew plan
- Giuliani leaves hospital after receiving same drug cocktail as Trump
- Compromise lockdown struggles to subdue German second wave
- US records more than 3,000 Covid deaths a day for first time
- Rich countries leaving rest behind on vaccines, warns Gates Foundation
- US coronavirus updates – live
Christmas mass in Bethlehem, normally attended by Christian congregations in the West Bank village, will be closed to the public this year due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Palestinian president said Thursday.
Each year, hundreds of believers attend midnight mass at the Saint Catherine Church next to the Church of the Nativity, built on the site where Christians believe Jesus was born.
The number of deaths from all causes recorded in Russia in October rose by nearly 50,000 on the previous year, the country’s statistics agency said on Thursday.
According to the Rosstat agency, 205,500 people died in Russia in October, a rise of 47,800 on October 2019.