Coronavirus live news: UK reports 24,470 new Covid cases; Fauci rules out new US lockdowns
- NHS in England urged to redistribute near-expiry vaccines as take-up slows among young
- Uber and Deliveroo discounts to lure young in England to get jabbed
- Herd immunity: could Covid be on the run in the UK?
- Florida records largest one-day case total since start of pandemic
- Australian Sky News banned from YouTube for seven days over Covid disinformation
Thousands turned out in Berlin on Sunday to protest the German government’s anti-coronavirus measures despite a ban on the gatherings, leading to clashes with police and about 600 arrests.
Local authorities had banned several different protests this weekend, including one from the Stuttgart-based Querdenker movement, but protesters in Berlin defied the ban, Associated Press reports. Berlin’s police department deployed more than 2,000 officers to try to disperse the protests, but it said officers who sought to redirect protesters or disband larger groups were “harassed and attacked”.