Coronavirus live news: WHO urges caution over festive gatherings; Turkey imposes new curfews
- Moderna Covid vaccine has 94% efficacy, final results confirm
- Experts warn of cases surge after widespread Thanksgiving travel
- Spain appeals for ‘common sense’ after shopping crowd scenes
- Sri Lanka prisoners killed in riot over coronavirus conditions
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Fans at the Autumn Nations Cup game between England and France this weekend will go thirsty, as the Rugby Football Union is keeping Twickenham’s bars shut.
The fixture will see 2,000 fans attend, the first time any supporters have been able to attend a match at England’s home ground since March. The RFU has decided alcohol will only be available “in restaurant style facilities and be served to the table with a substantial meal”, in line with government regulations on hospitality venues in England.
Ratings agency Moody’s has said that most countries still face a “significant negative shock” from the pandemic, and that vaccine trials have not caused it to change its forecasts.
“Most (sovereigns) face a significant economic loss, a marked increase in their debt burden, and some, in particular emerging markets, face a deterioration in debt affordability,” a top sovereign analyst at Moody’s told Reuters.