Coronavirus live news: WHO warns 'vaccines do not equal zero Covid'; France reports 627 new deaths
- US breaks daily case record as Fauci warns of ‘terrible’ January
- Vaccine approval differences across UK, Europe and US
- Scenes from hospitals across America – in pictures
- Wuhan virologist warns more bat coronaviruses can cross over
- US coronavirus updates – live
Brazil reported 46,884 additional cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, and 694 deaths from Covid-19, the country’s health ministry said.
The South American country has now registered 6,533,968 cases since the pandemic began, while the official death toll has risen to 175,964, according to ministry data.
High blood sugar increases the risk of dying for COVID-19 patients even if they do not have diabetes, according to a study.
Out of 11,000 coronavirus patients in Spain, none were critically ill when they got to the hospital.