Covid live: UK and EU urged to stop blocking vaccine patent waiver; ‘sudden and severe wave’ in Syria’s Idlib
- UK children aged 12 to 15 to be offered Covid jab
- Covid passports: what are European countries doing?
- US senators condemn Amazon for promoting anti-vaxxer books
- UK cancels Covid vaccine deal with French firm Valneva
- How Zhang Wenhong became the face of Beijing’s Covid battle
I have accepted the unanimous recommendation from the UK Chief Medical Officers to offer vaccination to those aged 12 to 15.
This will protect young people from catching COVID-19, reduce transmission in schools and help keep pupils in the classroom.
The Ukrainian government has decided to introduce Covid-19 “vaccine passports” verifying citizens’ vaccination status, the health ministry said on Monday.
The passports will allow businesses such as cinemas, gyms, theatres and swimming pools to operate without social distancing requirements if all visitors and at least 80% of staff at the venues are at least partially vaccinated, the ministry said in a statement said.