Florida alert: Provisional votes have to be verified by 5 o'clock Eastern today
With both key Florida races still undecided and headed to a recount, it is imperative that every vote cast for Andrew Gillum for governor and Sen. Bill Nelson are counted. If you voted by provisional ballot, you have until 5 PM ET TODAY to make sure your vote is counted.
IF YOU VOTED BY PROVISIONAL BALLOT, you have until 5 PM TODAY to contact your county supervisor of elections and make your ballot count. Take the following steps:
1. Check your information on the Florida State Supervisor of Elections website to make sure you are registered under your name and at your precinct.
2. If you remember voting by provisional ballot, EVEN IF YOUR INFORMATION IS CORRECT, you should either go in person or call your local Elections office. You should bring a photo ID, a signature ID, your voter information card, and any other identification that may be relevant.
3. Stick with it! Be persistent! Find out whether your vote was counted and if it was not, make your voice is heard! Some people who voted provisionally may need an affidavit to vote.
Here are the relevant contacts:
– Miami-Dade Supervisor of Elections Office: 2700 NW 87th Ave, Miami, FL, 33152; tel: 305-499-8683; fax: (305)499-8501; firstname.lastname@example.org
– Broward County Supervisor of Elections Office: 115 S. Andrews Avenue, Room 102, Fort Lauderdale, FL; tel: 954-357-7050; fax: 954-357-7070; Elections@browardsoe.org
– Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Office: 240 South Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL; tel: 561-656-6200; fax: 561-656-6287; email@example.com
– Monroe County Supervisor of Elections Office: 530 Whitehead Street #101, Key West, FL; tel: 305-292-3416; firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS or PROBLEMS, please call the Voter Protection Hotline: (833) 868-3352 (1-833-VOTE-FLA)